Uniparous sentence example
- The uniparous cyme presents two forms, the scorpioid or cicinal and the helicoid or bostrychoid.
- The cyme, according to its development, has been characterized as biparous or uniparous.
- In the uniparous cyme a number of floral axes are successively developed one from the other, but the axis of each successive generation, instead of producing a pair of bracts, produces only one.
- In the bell-flower (Campanula) there is a racemose uniparous cyme.
- Uniparous Cyme.Advertisement
- In the true raceme, however, we find only a single axis, producing in succession a series of bracts, from which the floral peduncles arise as lateral shoots, and thus each flower is on the same side of the floral axis as the bract in the axil of which it is developed; but in the uniparous cyme the flower of each of these axes, the basal portions of which unite to form the false axis, is situated on the opposite side of the axis to the bract from which it apparently arises (fig.