Unhewn sentence example
- The character of the ancient citadel wall at Athens, already mentioned, has given the name "Pelasgic masonry" to all constructions of large unhewn blocks fitted roughly together without mortar, from Asia Minor to Spain.
- They form a consecutive series from rude unhewn stones to highly finished obelisks, of which the tallest still erect is 60 ft.
- LOG(a word of uncertain etymological origin,possibly onomatopoeic; the New English Dictionary rejects the derivation from Norwegian lag, a fallen tree), a large piece of, generally unhewn, wood.
- A Siberian barrow, described by Demidov, contained three contiguous chambers of unhewn stone.
- ft., and a load of unhewn timber 40 cubic ft.Advertisement
- The most ancient irrigation work is a massive dam of unhewn stone, 1080 long, and from 40 to 60 ft.
- 24, which prescribes that in every place where Yahweh records his name an altar of earth or of unhewn stone, without steps or other extraneous ornamentation, shall be erected.
- The altar at Phorae in Achaea was of unhewn stones (Paus.