Unguents sentence example
- It was used in unguents and against the bites of snakes, &c. In the middle ages the flower continued to be common and was taken as the symbol of heavenly purity.
- The body was brought to the pile in an embroidered robe and jars of unguents and honey were placed beside it.
- They also forbade the introduction of foreign wines and unguents.
- Weapons, food, water, unguents and various trinkets were laid with the corpse at all periods.
- The heat produced by friction, when moderate in amount, is useful in softening and liquefying thick unguents; but when excessive it is prejudicial, by decomposing the unguents, and sometimes even by softening the metal of the bearings, and raising their temperature so high as to set fire to neighboring combustible matters.Advertisement
- The elevation of temperature produced by the friction of a journal is sometimes used as an experimental test of the quality of unguents.
- Wright, p. 118 seq.) in the r 2th century describes the mart of Mecca in the eight days following the feast as full of gems, unguents, precious drugs, and all rare merchandise from India, Irak, Khorasan, and every part of the Moslem world.
- The term is particularly used of the ceremonial practice of anointing with oil or unguents (see Anointing).