Unguent sentence example
- Each is used in Homer as an unguent (Iliad, xiv.
- In such cases the influence of the god, communicated to the victim, passed with the unguent into the stone.
- µbppa; the Arabic murr, bitter, was applied to the substance from its bitterness), a gum-resin highly esteemed by the ancients as an unguent and perfume, used for incense in temples and also in embalming.
- Its magnitude is the product of the normal pressure or force which presses the rubbing surfaces together in~ a direction perpendicular to themselves into a specific constant already mentioned in 14, as the coefficient of friction, which depends on the nature and condition of the surfaces of the unguent, if any, with which they are covered.
- Exce~sive heating is prevented by a constant and copious supply of a good unguent.Advertisement
- unguent bottle.
- unguent jars in front of them.
- To the south of, and between the two ceramic vessels, was a complete glass unguent bottle.
- They are dressed in their finest for the next life and also have two tall and sealed unguent jars in front of them.