Ungraceful sentence example
- It reflected a weak, ungraceful figure and thin face.
- Recovering in an ungraceful manner, she marched to her room, glad he wasn't around to laugh.
- Their forms are not ungraceful, and many of them are covered over with beautiful and elaborate carvings of flowers, animals and palm branches.
- The Imari ware, even though its thick biscuit and generally ungraceful shapes be omitted from the account, shows no enamels that can rival the exquisitely soft, broken tints of the famille rose; and the Kakiemon porcelain, for all its rich though chaste contrasts, lacks the delicate transmitted tints of the shell-like kwan-yao.
- Many of the dancing-girls of Cairo to-day are neither ~Awlim nor Ghawazi, but women of the very lowest class whose performances are both ungraceful and indecent.Advertisement
- The native dances, slow but not ungraceful, and more restrained than those of Andalusia or the south of France, are obviously Moorish in origin, and depend for their main effects on the movement of the arms and body.
- He does not, however, seem to have reciprocated the courtesy of his French hosts, but gave offence by the brusqueness of his manner, though his supercilious bearing, according to his biographer, Dr Paris, was to be ascribed less to any conscious superiority than to an "ungraceful timidity which he could never conquer."