Unformed sentence example
- When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
- The poet does not have in mind the formation of a deep which covered the unformed earth as depicted in Genesis 1:2.
- He complained to Lady Hope (wife of Admiral Sir James Hope) I was a young man with unformed ideas.
- " Unprovided with original learning, unformed in the habits of thinking, unskilled in the arts of composition, I resolved to write a book "; but the discovery of his own weakness, he adds, was the first symptom of taste.
- sm, Site of the as yet unformed mouth.Advertisement
- Allowing for certain battalions unformed, there are altogether 309 nizam battalions; 20 separate chasseur battalions, of four companies each; 4 special chasseur battalions stationed on the Bulgarian frontier - total, 333 battalions in the first line.
- While we recognize in the De Rerum Natura some of the most powerful poetry in any language and feel that few poets have penetrated with such passionate sincerity and courage into the secret of nature and some of the deeper truths of human life, we must acknowledge that, as compared with the great didactic poem of Virgil, it is crude and unformed in artistic design, and often rough and unequal in artistic execution.
- Buffon, in a cautious, tentative fashion, suggested rather than stated the mutability of species and the influence of the forces of nature in moulding organisms. Immanuel Kant, in his Theory of the Heavens (1755), foreshadowed a theory of the development of unformed matter into the highest types of animals and plants, and suggested that the gradations of structure revealed by comparative anatomy pointed to the existence of blood relationship of all organisms, due to derivation from a common ancestor.
- But while the theologian incessantly postulated the agency of that God whose nature he deemed beyond the pale of science, the philosopher, following a purely human and natural aim, directed his efforts to the gradual elevation of his part of reason from its unformed state, and to its final union with the controlling intellect which moves and draws to itself the spirits of those who prepare themselves for its influences.
- unformed body.Advertisement
- unformed earth as depicted in Genesis 1:2.
- unformed ideas.
- Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
- This may be because, no matter how old I get, I am still unformed myself.
- I did have a vague idea of what the story might center on, but it was very unformed.Advertisement