Unfertilized sentence example
- The offspring of the virgin females are in most of these instances females; but among the bees and wasps parthenogenesis occurs normally and always results in the development of males, the " queen " insect laying either a fertilized or unfertilized egg at will.
- There are species of gall-fly in which males are unknown, the unfertilized eggs always developing into females.
- These unfertilized eggs develop directly, often in the uterus.
- In Dictyota the unfertilized oosphere is found to be capable of undergoing a limited number of divisions, but the body thus formed appears to atrophy sooner or later.
- 6, C) of laying eggs - necessarily unfertilized - which always give rise to males ("drones"), and, since the researches of J.Advertisement
- 6.) workers, and unfertilized eggs in "drone-cells," virgin reproduction or parthenogenesis being therefore a normal factor in the life of these insects.
- It is believed that from the nature of the cell in which she is ovipositing, the queen derives a reflex impulse to lay the appropriate egg - fertilized in the queen or worker cell, unfertilized in the drone cell, as previously mentioned.
- ud, Unfertilized drupel.
- Wagner made his classical observations on the production of larvae from unfertilized eggs developed in the precociouslyformed ovaries of a larval gall-midge (Cecidomyid), and subsequent observers have confirmed his results by studies on insects of the same family and of the related Chironomidae.
- On the other hand, in certain saw-flies and among the higher families, the unfertilized eggs, capable of development, usually give rise to male insects (see BEE).Advertisement
- Eggs have everything and no one dies when you eat an unfertilized egg.
- A menstrual cycle occurs when an egg goes unfertilized.