Unfertile sentence example
- South of the Golis the ground falls gradually to the central plateau known as the Haud, a waterless but not unfertile district.
- The territory of Corinth was mostly rocky and unfertile; but its position at the head of two navigable gulfs clearly marked it out as a commercial centre.
- But neither the severe climate nor the neighbourhood of wild and warlike hillmen shook their faith, and in the course of half a century, in one of the most unhealthy and unfertile localities in the Caucasus, they transformed this wilderness into flourishing colonies, and continued to live a Christian and laborious life, making friends with, instead of fighting, the hillmen.
- The soil is generally rocky and unfertile, and the population impoverished, scanty and ignorant.
- Though the climate is raw and good soil rare, the heath is not unfertile.Advertisement