Unedifying sentence example
- The discredit into which he fell was due partly to the unedifying incidents of his personal career.
- l5 Nevertheless we may well suppose that the popular religion of ancient Israel had much to say of superhuman beings other than Yahweh, but that the inspired writers have mostly suppressed references to them as unedifying.
- The working of Lord Aberdeen's Act had given rise to many unedifying scenes and to lengthy struggles over disputed settlements, and it was early felt that some change at least was necessary in Aboli- the law.
- There are ways of dealing with the unedifying spectacle of people being tried by newspapers and they should be deployed.
- Any conception of truth not relevant to making human life wholesome and good would simply be metaphysical and therefore unedifying.Advertisement
- Books on mundane subjects, not at all conducive to the spiritual edification of the faithful, were read by the tsar's counsellors, and a theatre had been erected, in which the tsar often witnessed very unedifying dramas and ballets.