Undulation sentence example
- The strata must once have risen above the present surface, and in many cases may be found descending to the surface again with a contrary dip, the intervening portion of the undulation having been worn away.
- Who knows but if our instruments were delicate enough we might detect an undulation in the crust of the earth?
- Climatic agencies have smoothed and modified everything rugged or abrupt, until an impression of gentle undulation rather than of grandeur is suggested.
- Several pretty large logs may still be seen lying on the bottom, where, owing to the undulation of the surface, they look like huge water snakes in motion.
- His powerful scientific imagination enabled him to realize that all the points of a wavefront originate partial waves, the aggregate effect of which is to reconstitute the primary disturbance at the subsequent stages of its advance, thus accomplishing its propagation; so that each primary undulation is the envelope of an indefinite number of secondary undulations.Advertisement
- North of the Congo basin and separated from it by a broad undulation of the surface is the basin of Lake Chad - a flat-shored, shallow lake filled principally by the Shari coming from the south-east.
- However, the stomach does have a few special rolls and flutters resulting in an undulation of the entire lower torso.
- If these suppositions have a basis of reality, the proper motion of Algol should be disturbed by a small, but measurable undulation, corresponding to the projection of its orbit upon the sky; and although certainty on the point cannot be attained for some years to come, Lewis Boss regarded the evidence available in 1895 as tending to confirm Dr Chandler's theory.6 Proceedings Amer.
- In the north it is a defined range, but at Sheinmaga, in the south, it sinks to an undulation.
- The main watershed of the peninsula lies towards the east coast; therefore such elevated ground as exists is found on the east, while the western slope is gentle and consists of a low sandy plain of slight undulation.Advertisement
- The barge docked with a rusty clanging noise that caused an undulation in the tarpaulin covering the deck.
- undulation in the road.
- Try to make your breast feel like your fly by using body undulation as in (12 ).
- The occurrence of the factor (Xr)- 1, and the necessity of supposing the phase of the secondary wave accelerated by a quarter of an undulation, were first established by Archibald Smith, as the result of a comparison between the primary wave, supposed to pass on without resolution, and the integrated effect of all the secondary waves (§ 2).
- Driving was hard work with a constant need to correct the direction as it was disturbed by almost every undulation in the road.Advertisement
- Try to make your breast feel like your fly by using body undulation as in (12).