Undulated sentence example
- When the development of parenchyma is such that it more than fills up the spaces between the veins, the margins become wavy, crisp or undulated, as in Rumex crispus and Rheum undulatum.
- While I was surveying, the ice, which was sixteen inches thick, undulated under a slight wind like water.
- The wood, like that of other species, is applicable to many purposes - as for the seats of Windsor chairs, turnery, &c. The grain in very old trees is sometimes undulated, which suggested the name of curled maple, and gives beautiful effects of light and shade on polished surfaces.
- The timber is used instead of oak where the latter is scarce, and is employed for axle-trees and spokes, as well as for Windsor chairs, &c. It exhibits two accidental forms in the arrangement of the fibres, an undulated one like those of the curled maple (A.
- Its large leaves are cut and undulated, and tipped and margined with scattered spines; they are bright glistening green, with broad white veins.Advertisement