Undesigned sentence example
- Incidentally, these two columns furnish an undesigned test of the accuracy of Steinmetz's law: the greatest difference is little more than t %.
- Two articles in the Westminster Review, one on the Italian question, which procured him the special thanks of Cavour, the other on Essays and Reviews, which had the probably undesigned effect of stimulating the attack on the book, attracted especial notice.
- The comparison of cranial indexes is rendered difficult by intentional flattening of the forehead and undesigned flattening of the occiput by the hard cradle-board.
- His chief book was Undesigned Coincidences in the Writings both of the Old and New Testaments (1833; fuller edition, 1847).
- In such work the painters of Upper Germany at this time, working in the spirit of the late Gothic style just before the dawn of the Renaissance, show considerable technical attainments, with a love of quaint costumes and rich draperies crumpled in complicated angular folds, some feeling for romance in landscape backgrounds, none at all for clearness or balance in composition, and in the attitudes and expressions of their overcrowded figures a degree of grotesqueness and exaggeration amounting often to undesigned caricature.Advertisement
- It is one of the undesigned coincidences which confirm the credibility of Confucius's history, that his favourite disciple was a scion of the Yen clan.
- The subject of the second undesigned experiment was a wire-haired fox-terrier.
- Their incidental allusions sometimes cast vivid though undesigned light on the circumstances of the age, and they have made large contributions to our knowledge of imperial jurisprudence in particular.
- His testimony will have additional weight if supported by the " undesigned coincidences " of other evidence, ancient and modern.