Understorey sentence example
- Some parts have an understorey dominated by cherry laurel, but elsewhere there is a varied ground flora with many ferns.
- The scrub understorey includes guelder rose, blackthorn and bramble.
- The understorey is a sparse layer of elder, hawthorn with some regenerating cherry.
- It is considered invasive because it can quickly become dominant in understorey vegetation, eliminating other species.
- The freely-draining limestone soils give rise to a canopy generally dominated by ash with hazel, and occasional rowan and holly in the understorey.Advertisement