Underrate sentence example
- It is easy to underrate the schoolmen.
- antecedents had marked him out as the natural head of the new Greek state, in spite of his successful defence of Missolonghi, had been discredited by failures elsewhere; and the Greeks thus learned to despise their civilized advisers and to underrate the importance of discipline.
- It is easy to underrate the importance in religion of a change of names.
- But notwithstanding its illogicality, its tendency to underrate Nature as inferred from such idealistic premises, and its certain transition into a consistent idealism, hypothetical realism has, with little excuse, revived among us in the writings of Shadworth Hodgson, James Martineau and A.
- At the same time, like Cousin, his works show a tendency to underrate body, tending as they do to the Leibnitzian analysis of the material into the immaterial, and to the supposition that the unity of the body is only given by the soul.Advertisement
- underrate what has been achieved.
- underrate as the duty of being happy.
- We must not exaggerate the school and underrate the individual, especially such an individual.
- As regards the achievements so far, I would ask your Lordships not to underrate what has been achieved.
- There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy.Advertisement