Underparts sentence example
- The uniformly reddish or chestnut-brown specimens approach most nearly to the wild mouflon or urial in colour, but the chestnut extends over the whole of the underparts and flanks; domestication having probably led to the elimination of the white belly and dark flank band, which are doubtless protective characters.
- The general colour of the upper parts is yellowish grey, with or without a rusty tinge, which is, however, always noticeable on the head; while the underparts are lighter.
- rufous underparts.
- whitish underparts with brown streaks, but the female is duller than the male.
- Here the winter birder should look for Pink-billed Larks with their warm chestnut or rufous underparts.Advertisement
- Both sexes have a chestnut mantle and whitish underparts with brown streaks, but the female is duller than the male.