Underhill sentence example
- On Long Island, during Stuyvesant's rule, Dutch influence was gradually undermined by John Underhill.
- Serious dissensions had already arisen between Puritan and Anglican factions in Dover, and Captain John Underhill, another Antinomian, became for a time a leader of the Puritan faction.
- Underhill, Alfred Saker.
- Underhill's edition of Xenophon, Hellenica, i., ii., note on i.
- The Dutch engaged the services of about fifty Englishmen under Captain John Underhill, a hero of the Pequot War, and in 1644 the Indians were defeated in several engagements, but a general peace with them was not established until the 30th of August 1645.Advertisement
- "Underhill" flocks that have been kept for generations in East Anglia, on the Weald, and on flat meadow land in other parts of the country, have assumed a heavier type than the original "Upperdown" sheep. It was at one time thought not to be a rent-paying breed, but modern market requirements have brought it well within that category.
- indebted for this information to Mr. F. Underhill of Didcot.
- The 9am Choir, under the direction of Kathy Underhill, is fairly traditional in its approach.