Underground railroad sentence example
- PMF are spreading the word to the populace to hole up in the underground railroad.
- She's not going to know about the underground railroad.
- You're forgetting the underground railroad.
- He started forward, anxious to see if the underground railroad survived the onslaught.
- Special commissioners were to have concurrent jurisdiction with the U.S. circuit and district courts and the inferior courts of Territories in enforcing the law; fugitives could not testify in their own behalf; no trial by jury was provided; i The precise amount of organization in the Underground Railroad cannot be definitely ascertained because of the exaggerated use of the figure of railroading in the documents of the "presidents" of the road, Robert Purvis and Levi Coffin, and of its many "conductors," and their discussion of the "packages" and "freight" shipped by them.Advertisement
- Siebert, The Underground Railroad from Slavery to Freedom (New York, 1898).
- Lane spent considerable time in the south-eastern counties, and across these an " underground railroad " ran, by which slaves were conducted from Kansas to Iowa and freedom.
- We already have a nascent global underground railroad of sorts, thanks partly to mobility within the communion.
- Link The underground railroad Curious about how slaves escaped?
- railway all, in 1801 there was no underground railroad for Uranus to disrupt!Advertisement
- He and his wife began a family and assisted the underground railroad.
- The severity of this measure led to gross abuses and defeated its purpose; the number of abolitionists increased, the operations of the Underground Railroad became more efficient, and new Personal Liberty Laws were enacted in Vermont (1850), Connecticut (1854), Rhode Island (1854), Massachusetts (1855), Michigan (1855), Maine (1855 and 1857), Kansas (1858) and Wisconsin (1858).
- Link The Underground Railroad Curious about how slaves escaped?
- After all, in 1801 there was no underground railroad for Uranus to disrupt !
- He and his wife began a family and assisted the Underground Railroad.Advertisement
- The hotel was built to accommodate Des Moines River steamboat travelers and served as an underground railroad station for runaway slaves.
- Prospect Place Mansion in Dresden, Ohio is a former stop on the Underground Railroad.