Underfed sentence example
- The children who crowd these grimy alleys, half-clad and underfed, shrink away from your outstretched hand as if from a blow.
- The Russian army is full of underfed teenage conscripts.
- Sir Henry's own principal contribution to the discussion was rather unfortunate, for while insisting on the blessings derived by England from its free-trade policy, he coupled this with the rhetorical admission (at Bolton in 1903) that "12,000,000 British citizens were underfed and on the verge of hunger."
- Goitre and leprosy are the only endemic diseases; but the natives, being underfed, are prone to diarrhoea and dyspepsia.
- The dread of the overfed that an underfed member of the community may request a seat at the table he now understood perfectly.Advertisement