Undercroft sentence example
- This year we excavated a second undercroft, immediately to the north of the first one.
- The chapel or chamber of the Pyx is part of the undercroft of the original dormitory, and is early Norman work of the Confessor's time.
- Erection of 3 no. rear dormers to facilitate a loft conversion, creation of undercroft and first floor extension to existing house.
- Underneath the chapel is a 13 th century vaulted undercroft.
- This brick built undercroft with its fan vaulted ceiling and mighty pillars along the whole length makes for loft-style living.Advertisement
- Berry retained the Abbot's Tower and the 12th century undercroft, but the rest of the Abbey was flattened.
- Along the west range is arguably one of the most impressive examples of a medieval undercroft in England.
- See the magnificent stone-vaulted undercroft, the Tudor Great Hall and fine Georgian Dining Room.
- In monastic times here was the Cellarer's Checker where supplies would be stored in the 13th century undercroft.
- In the Norman period it consisted of a single large room partly surrounded by niches built over a vast undercroft.Advertisement
- This includes two cloisters, the great cloister surrounded by the buildings essentially connected with the daily life of the monks, - the church to the south, the refectory or frater-house here as always on the side opposite to the church, and farthest removed from it, that no sound or smell of eating might penetrate its sacred precincts, to the east the dormitory, raised on a vaulted undercroft, and the chapter-house adjacent, and the lodgings of the cellarer to the west.
- Berry retained the Abbot 's Tower and the 12th century undercroft, but the rest of the Abbey was flattened.
- In monastic times here was the Cellarer 's Checker where supplies would be stored in the 13th century undercroft.
- On the ground floor, a new meeting place had been created out of what was once undercroft parking.
- The property has an allocated, undercroft parking space.Advertisement
- Plant is located both on the roofs and principle services located in the undercroft areas.
- The undercroft is divided into compartments by walls, and part of it appears in the gymnasium of Westminster School.