Underclothing sentence example
- There are large woollen factories at Cuzco and Lima, the Santa Catalina factory at the latter place turning out cloth and cashmere for the army, blankets, counterpanes and underclothing.
- Woollen cloth and buckskin are woven at Kamenz, Bischofswerda and Grossenhain, all in the northeast, woollen and half-woollen underclothing at Chemnitz, Glauchau, Meerane and Reichenbach; while Bautzen and Limbach produce woollen stockings.
- The purchase of ready-made shirts, underclothing, &c., corresponds to a change in the habits of the people.
- In the United States there has been an arduous struggle over this question, and combinations of merchants have sometimes compelled favourable terms. In England, though the merchant has maintained a great part of the trade with shopkeepers, the developing trade with makers of shirts, underclothing, &c., is mainly done by the manufacturers directly, and perhaps the simplification of relations by direct dealing in the cotton trade has now reached a point of fairly stable compromise.
- The production of woollen goods (stockings, cloth, underclothing) forms the leading branch of this industry; but cotton and linen weaving and yarnspinning are also carried on.Advertisement
- His kit has not yet arrived, so am having new slacks made, and will get new summer underclothing.
- Instead, a shapeless shift served as underclothing.
- Many synonyms may be used, including intimate apparel, sleepwear, delicates, undergarments, sleepwear, underclothing, and unmentionables.