Underbrush sentence example
- Even in the dense underbrush, it had found another rock.
- In the forest regions of eastern Washington the underbrush is light, but grasses and a great variety of flowering plants abound.
- An almost entire absence of underbrush is characteristic of Missouri forests.
- The grass had been mown short for about five feet on either side of the narrow drive, and a tangle of underbrush and trees lay beyond... freedom, or a barrier?
- At intervals the trees lost their icy covering, and the bulrushes and underbrush were bare; but the lake lay frozen and hard beneath the sun.Advertisement
- A low blueberry (Vaccinium myrtilis) forms a thick underbrush in much of the forest.
- On the Sierra the underbrush is characterized by the pungent manzanita, the California buckeye and the chamiso; the last two growing equally abundantly on the Coast Range.
- The underbrush will impede the progress of the hunted animal.
- Sleeves can catch on twigs and underbrush, and they can impede your ability to aim effectively.
- There are bits of cherry and chocolate and shades of earthy underbrush that add complexity to the structure.Advertisement
- It dropped to the ground and slid into the underbrush.
- The path became more indistinct with each step, eventually coming to an end in dense underbrush.
- He slipped the rifle out of its boot and led the way through the underbrush.
- Presently the Tin Woodman pushed his way through some heavy underbrush, and almost tumbled headlong into a vast cleared space in the forest.
- A Yellow-billed Cacique was feeding in the dense underbrush.Advertisement
- The fur is shorter on the back and shoulders, probably to avoid entanglement in the underbrush.