Under-secretaries sentence example
- All salaried 220,479 165,144 government officials (except minis ters, under-secretaries of state and other high functionaries, and officers 210,020 347,940 in the army or navy), and ecclesiastics, -, are disqualified for election.
- There are, besides, a chief secretary, revenue secretary, secretary and two under-secretaries, a public works department secretary with two assistants.
- He is assisted by two under-secretaries of state (one of them a politician, the other a permanent civil servant), three assistant under-secretaries (civil servants), a librarian, a head of the treaty department and a staff of clerks.
- and the other assistant under-secretaries £ 1200.
- The administration is conducted by a lieutenant-governor, with five secretaries and five under-secretaries.Advertisement
- Of the last quality evidence is furnished in the stilted style of his letters, and in the fact recorded by Seward that he never permitted his under-secretaries to sit in his presence.
- The administration of Bengal is conducted by a lieutenant-governor, with a chief secretary, two secretaries and three under-secretaries.