Unctuous sentence example
- The skin is unctuous and of a deep-toned yellow colour.
- A soft, unctuous form results on treating carbon with ash or silica in special furnaces, and this gives the so-called "deflocculated" variety when treated with gallotannic acid.
- For garden purposes loam should be rather unctuous or soapy to the touch when moderately dry, not too clinging nor adhesive, and should readily crumble when a compressed handful is thrown on the ground.
- Micaceous iron ore consists of delicate steel-grey scales of specular haematite, unctuous to the touch, used as a lubricant and also as a pigment.
- Its deep, its unctuous, it moves the soul.Advertisement
- The varietal is best known for its use in the unctuous dessert wines from the Sauternes region of France, but the dry versions drink remarkably well and are frequently very affordable.
- Between the two middle toes, in most species, is lodged a deep glandular bag having the form of a retort with a small external orifice, which secretes an unctuous and odorous substance.
- Langlois, "is learned, unctuous, ornate, florid, a mysticism which never indulges in dangerous temerities; it is the orthodox mysticism of a subtle and prudent rhetorician."
- Its "sugary optimism, unctuous phraseology and pulpit logic" appealed, however, to the reviving pietism of the age succeeding the Revolution, and these qualities, as well as his eloquence as a preacher, early brought Ancillon into notice at court.
- The tendons in the beef had melted right down to give a gratifyingly unctuous texture.Advertisement
- Its Strong Points: Its unctuous texture gives back your skin its soft and supple feel: your face is soothed instantly.
- unctuous fruit.
- unctuous texture.
- Rather, there was a flinty, somewhat austere structure giving support and contrast to rich, unctuous fruit.
- unctuous performances of Fradd and Chisholm?Advertisement
- unctuous wine with amazing depth and class.
- Did that stop the unctuous performances of Fradd and Chisholm?
- This multi layered unctuous wine with amazing depth and class.