Uncreated sentence example
- In the Hesychast controversy he took the side of the monks of Athos, but refused to agree to the theory of the uncreated light.
- In God there are three infinite and uncreated "degrees" of being, and in man and all things corresponding three degrees, finite and created.
- But in 1351 under the presidency of the emperor John Cantacuzenus, the uncreated light of Mount Tabor was established as an article of faith for the Greeks, who ever since have been ready to recognize it as an additional ground of separation from the Roman Church.
- Among the Tahitians he was regarded as " the first and principal god, uncreated and existing from the beginning, or from the time he emerged from po, or the world of darkness.
- He had embraced the Motazilite doctrine about free will and predestination, and was in particular shocked at the opinion which had spread among the Moslem doctors that the Koran was the uncreated word of God.Advertisement
- The caliph also shared Mamun's intolerance on the doctrinal question of the uncreated Koran.
- God alone, the uncreated creator of all, has true being.
- Allusions in particular passages of the Koran to the " mother of the scripture," the invisible originals of the prophet's speech, led to the doctrine of its uncreated being.
- The same problem, variously expressed, has engaged the attention of philosophers throughout the ages_ In Christian theology God is conceived as infinite in power, knowledge and goodness, uncreated and immortal: in some Oriental systems the end of man is absorption into the infinite, his perfection the breaking down of his human limitations.
- Jesus being the Eternal Life means that he is the very Source of life itself and therefore uncreated.Advertisement
- But though he was a student and friend of Ahmad ibn Hanbal he did not go in traditionalism to the length of some, and he defended al-Bukhari when the latter was driven from Nishapur for refusing to admit that the utterance (lafz) of the Koran by man was as uncreated as the Koran itself (see Mahommedan Religion; and Patton's Ahmad ibn Hanbal, 32 sqq.).
- Many are the pet names, the poetic epithets bestowed upon it - the harbour of refuge, the cool cave, the island amidst the floods, the place of bliss, emancipation, liberation, safety, the supreme, the transcendent, the uncreated, the tranquil, the home of peace, the calm, the end of suffering, the medicine for all evil, the unshaken, the ambrosia, the immaterial, the imperishable, the abiding, the farther shore, the unending, the bliss of effort, the supreme joy, the ineffable, the detachment, the holy city, and many' others.
- You have called an uncreated being out of the void.
- Kontakion 13 O holy bearer of the Uncreated Light, blessed through unceasing prayer in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Or are you saying that the book is the uncreated word of God?Advertisement
- Islamic orthodoxy also insisted that the Quran is the uncreated speech or word of Allah.
- In other words, Jesus has the very same exact, uncreated nature of God.
- The essence is absolutely inaccessible but we can have union with the uncreated energies which are God himself in his self-manifestation.