Uncorrupted sentence example
- Even in this negative use of the notion it is necessarily implied that whatever active tendencies in man are found to be " natural " - that is, independent of and uncorrupted by social customs and conventions - will properly take effect in outward acts, but the adoption of " conformity to nature " as a general positive rule for outward conduct seems to have been due to the influence on Zeno of Academic teaching.
- Hugo of St Victor (1097-1141) St Victor declares that " the uncorrupted truth of things cannot and the be discovered by reasoning."
- But in that case we must either reject the testimony of the same Hegesippus that up to their death, and that of Symeon son of Clopas, successor in the Jerusalem see of James the Lord's brother, " who suffered martyrdom at the age of one hundred and twenty years while Trajan was emperor and Atticus governor," " the church (universal) had remained a pure and uncorrupted virgin " free from " the folly of heretical teachers "; or else we must reject the superscription, which presents the grandfather in vehement conflict with the very heresies in question.
- It had been believed that it was property owners and intellectuals who placed the question of nationality above all others, while behind them stood a solid mass of workingpeople who were uncorrupted by nationalist chauvinism.
- original language, and to give the hymns "in the genuine uncorrupted text of the authors themselves."Advertisement
- The idea of a heavenly model would in itself have suggested such a course and, only in an inferior degree to this, the necessity of setting a new and uncorrupted document of the divine will over against the sacred scriptures of the Jews and Christians, the people of the Book, as the Koran calls them.
- For even in the physical or non-rational man, as originally constituted, we may see clear indications of the divine design, which it belongs to his rational will to carry into conscious execution; indeed, in the first stage of human life, before reason is fully developed, uncorrupted natural impulse effects what is afterwards the work of reason.
- France there had not been as yet any overt revolt against the Church of Rome, but multitudes were in sympathy with any attempt to improve the church by education, by purer morals, by better preaching and by a return to the primitive and uncorrupted faith.
- A violet odour and a fragrant oil were said to distil from her tomb; and when it was opened nine months afterwards the flesh was found uncorrupted.
- threescore years, during which the head was uncorrupted.Advertisement
- They remained there for threescore years, during which the head was uncorrupted.
- However, if a cat's tastes remain uncorrupted by flavor enhancers and additives, you will have an easier time introducing high quality brands that eliminate the needless chemicals and fillers contained in many commercial brands.
- truths are to be learned from the Bible and tradition, the former having been written, Compariand the latter maintained uncorrupted through the influence of the Holy Spirit; the interpretation of the Bible Orthodox, belongs to the Church, which is taught by the Holy Spirit, Roman and but every believer may read the Scriptures.