Unconcern sentence example
- One can imagine them going to the scaffold with the same unconcern.
- Whenever things looked hopeless he was sure to appear in person and by his apparent unconcern for danger restored the confidence of all ranks.
- flickered briefly on Willie's face, to be replaced by one of studied unconcern.
- He adopts instead a studied unconcern, which expresses itself in two complementary economic inclinations.
- At eight next morning she entered the hall of execution, having taken leave of the weeping envoy from Scotland, to whom she gave a brief message for her son; took her seat on the scaffold, listened with an air of even cheerful unconcern to the reading of her sentence, solemnly declared her innocence of the charge conveyed in it and her consolation in the prospect of ultimate justice, rejected the professional services of Richard Fletcher, dean of Peterborough, lifted up her voice in Latin against his in English prayer, and when he and his fellow-worshippers had fallen duly silent prayed aloud for the prosperity of her own church, for Elizabeth, for her son, and for all the enemies whom she had commended overnight to the notice of the Spanish invader; then, with no less courage than had marked every hour and every action of her life, received the stroke of death from the wavering hand of the headsman.Advertisement