Uncinate sentence example
- Ribs without uncinate processes.
- In these forms the bundles of setae are either capilliform or uncinate, and the dorsal setae of the thorax are like the ventral setae of the abdomen.
- The peristomium has no setae, and the setae generally are hair-like or uncinate, often forming almost complete rings.
- (iv.) Trophi uncinate: Flosculariaceae; disk a contractile cup, often lobed, the cingulum of long vibratile cilia, of very long motionless bristles or absent, rarely with an outer zone of fine cilia.
- Oral funnel produced into a fine tube hanging freely into a pharyngeal cup, containing the uncinate trophi.Advertisement
- The cervical and thoracic vertebrae seem to be biconcave; the cervical ribs are much reduced and were apparently still movable; the thoracic ribs are devoid of uncinate processes.