Unchastity sentence example
- They are malicious gossip, greed of money, giving security, nocturnal robbery, murder, unchastity.
- In order to prevent youthful unchastity, marriages are contracted between children of eight years old, the girl being brought home to live with the lad at his parents' home till a child is born, when a separate dwelling is provided for the youthful couple.
- Not to multiply examples further, it may suffice to refer to (a) the apparent belief that the serpent tempted Eve to unchastity (2 Cor.
- 24) - as an expiation for many of the more serious sins, especially murder or the less venial forms of unchastity.
- 7-12, misplaced paragraphs) containing praise of ideal wisdom and warnings against unchastity.Advertisement
- 6-18) and various acts of unchastity (vv.
- 6 and 27, unlawful marriages and acts of unchastity, vv.
- The statement of them is variously given, - Pride, Avarice, Anger, Gluttony, Unchastity, are found in all the lists; the remaining two (or three) are variously selected from among Envy, Vainglory, and the rather singular sins Gloominess (tristitia) and Languid Indifference (acidic or acedia, from Gr.
- The Moon in Greek myths loved Endymion, and was bribed to be the mistress of Pan by the present of a fleece, like the Dawn in Australia, whose unchastity was rewarded by a gift of a red cloak of opossum skin.
- The De Institutione Coenobiorum (twelve books) describes the dress, the food, the devotional exercises, the discipline and the special spiritual dangers of monastic life in the East (gluttony, unchastity, avarice, anger, gloom, apathy, vanity and pride).Advertisement
- In these he holds aloof for the most part from theological controversy, and treats in an admirable tone and spirit the themes of faith, simplicity, the fear of God, poverty, greed, abstinence and unchastity.