Unburnt sentence example
- There was a cemetery adjacent to the village in which both unburnt and cremated interments occurred, the former predominating.
- Thus, while the long barrow is characteristic of the Stone Age, it is impossible to tell without direct examination whether it may be chambered or unchambered, or whether the burials within it may be those of burnt or of unburnt bodies.
- Vessels of clay, more or less ornate in character, which occur with these early interments of unburnt bodies, have been regarded as food-vessels and drinking-cups, differing in character and purpose from the cinerary urns of larger size in which the ashes of the dead were deposited after cremation.
- At this middle portion and in the upper part of the lower shaft the burning proper proceeds; the upper shaft is full of unburnt raw material which is heated by the hot gases coming from the burning zone, and the lower shaft contains clinker already burned and hot enough to heat the incoming air which supplies that necessary for combustion at the clinkering zone.
- There are some two hundred rectangular tomb buildings in unburnt brick with ornamented fronts.Advertisement
- Gypsum is exported unburnt from the Carpas, and as plaster of Paris from Limasol and Larnaca.
- An unburnt retouched flint flake was recovered which may have accompanied the burial.
- They deal with carbon monoxide and unburnt hydrocarbons which react with oxygen to produce carbon dioxide and water.
- The second method is analogous to the calcarone method of liquation: the ore is placed in a limekiln-like furnace over a mass of kindled fuel to start a partial combustion of the mineral, and the process is so regulated that, by the heat generated, the unburnt part is decomposed with elimination of sulphur, which collects in the molten state on an inverted roof-shaped sole below the furnace and is thence conducted into a cistern.