Unbaptized sentence example
- There are three modes of admission to membership: in the case of the unbaptized, adult baptism (not immersion); in other cases confirmation or reception.
- The office of doorkeeper explains itself, though it must be remembered that it was the special duty of the Christian ostiarius to exclude the unbaptized and persons undergoing penance from the more solemn part of the Eucharistic service.
- An unbaptized person is also incapable of valid ordination.
- Kunze's suggestion is far more probable that it was used at the baptism of Nektarius, praetor of the city, who was elected third president of the council while yet unbaptized.
- While it is true that the Church has never condemned individuals, and that the warnings refer only to those who have received the faith, and do not touch the question of the unbaptized, there is a growing feeling that they go beyond the teaching of Holy Scripture on the responsibility of intellect in matters of faith.'Advertisement
- In the last of these he maintains that children who die unbaptized must be lost, the pure soul being defiled by the grossness of the body, and declares that God's will is not to be questioned.
- missa or missio, because the children and catechumens, or unbaptized believers, were dismissed before the eucharistic rite began.
- The catechumens or unbaptized, together with the penitents, remained in church during the Litany, collect, three lections, two psalms and homily.
- Moreover, in the third and fourth centuries the infants of Christian parents were frequently left unbaptized for years, e.g.
- The legend is that they are the souls of unbaptized children wandering through the air till the day of judgment.Advertisement
- unbaptized - may not be present at the sacraments of the altar).
- 40, on marriage with one who is unbaptized; No.
- Nearchus (c. 2 50) quieted the scruples of his unbaptized friend Polyeuctes, when on the scaffold he asked if it were possible to attain salvation without baptism, with this answer: " Behold, we see the Lord, when they brought to Him the blind that they might be healed, had nothing to say to them about the holy mystery, nor did He ask them if they:had been baptized; but this only, whether they came to Him with true faith.
- Following the fashion of the pagan mysteries in which men were only permitted to gaze upon the sacred objects after minute lustrations and scrupulous purifications, Christian teachers came to represent the Creed, Lord's Prayer and Lord's Supper as mysteries to be guarded in silence and never divulged either to the unbaptized or to the pagans.
- Cenwalh, the last monarch who ascended the throne of Wessex unbaptized, carried the boundaries of that kingdom into Mid-Somersetshire, where they halted for a long space.Advertisement
- On no account must they divulge it to unbaptized persons.