Unavenged sentence example
- The unavenged blood was the cause of divine anger, and retribution must be made.
- The Qais could not leave unavenged the blood shed at Merj Rahit.
- The public buildings were placarded during the night with an intimation that four hundred knights had sworn not to leave Luther unavenged, and the ominous words Bundschuh, Bundschuh, Bundschuh (the watchword of peasant revolts) were written at the foot.
- There a young relation of Abdarrahman was so roused by the taunt that the death of his kinsman was unavenged, that he killed Ibn Othal near the mosque of Damascus.
- In the north, the murder of Gordon was still unavenged; and the vast territory known as the Sudan had escaped from the control of Egypt.Advertisement