Unalloyed sentence example
- When the unalloyed metal was first introduced cannot be ascertained with certainty.
- No prayer arises within his work on their behalf, and nothing but unalloyed triumph is displayed over their doom.
- Copper would thus have been but seldom used unalloyed; and the relatively synchronous appearance of bronze in Europe, and the scanty "finds" of copper implements, are explained.
- At the same time it is probable that, like Constantine's patronage of Christianity, his patronage of Buddhism, then the most rising and influential faith in India, was not unalloyed with political motives, and it is certain that his vast benefactions to the Buddhist cause were at least one of the causes that led to its decline.
- In skimming the crust from the surface of the lead some unalloyed lead is also drawn off, and has to be separated by an additional operation (liquation), as, running lower in silver than the crust, it would otherwise reduce its silver content and increase the amount of lead to be cupelled.Advertisement
- So long as the metal was principally regarded as a necessary ingredient of aluminium-bronze, the Cowles process was popular, but when the advantages of aluminium itself became more apparent, there arose a fresh demand for some chief method of obtaining it unalloyed.
- xxv.) he saw that the " gods " in the tale were really " demons," " stronger than men, but having the divine part not wholly unalloyed " - " magnified nonnatural men," in short.