Unacknowledged sentence example
- The two first of these are a mosaic of unacknowledged quotations from such books as K.
- The want of harmony between the facts and the statements about them is patent to all scholars, and it is the knowledge of this, unacknowledged to themselves, which has made the literati labour with an astonishing amount of fruitless ingenuity and learning to find in individual words, and the turn of every sentence, some mysterious indication of praise or blame.
- But the effect of real, though unacknowledged, kindred had none the less an important practical effect.
- a story describing how the domestic happiness of a young tutor, who marries the unacknowledged daughter of a Russian sensualist of the old type, dull, ignorant and genial, is troubled by a Russian sensualist of the new school, intelligent, accomplished and callous, without there being any possibility of saying who is most to be blamed for the tragic termination.
- 620) makes copious but unacknowledged extracts from both in the original Greek.Advertisement
- Yet these principles were unacknowledged at that time and were first enunciated in acts such as the 4 Geo.
- If the unacknowledged debt be included (as it often is; and hence the necessity of reference to it), very few states - and those all western or southern - have a heavier burden per capita.
- centrifuge components from previously unacknowledged foreign sources.
- Pound, like Shelley, seems to have been convinced that poets ' are the unacknowledged legislators of the world ' .
- The medicinal uses od wild plants thus remain ultimately paradoxical, and their underlying complexity, wonderful and often unacknowledged.Advertisement
- Plagiarism consists of substantial or verbatim quotation from an unacknowledged source.
- But, left unacknowledged and unaddressed, these issues become festering sores in the relationship between VS and the rest of the industry.
- Work may be plagiarized if it consists of close paraphrase or unacknowledged summary of a source, as well as word-for-word transcription.
- In the next year he returned, assumed the presidency of the democratic party, and by a system of corruption and popularity-hunting, combined with the patronage of arts and letters, established himself as the real but unacknowledged dictator of the commonwealth.
- Dr Ferriar, in his Illustrations of Sterne (published in 1798), pointed out several unacknowledged plagiarisms from Rabelais, Burton and others; but it is only fair to the critic to say that he was fully aware that they were only plagiarisms of material, and do not detract in the slightest from Sterne's reputation as one of the greatest of literary artists.Advertisement
- Pierre was one of those who are only strong when they feel themselves quite innocent, and since that day when he was overpowered by a feeling of desire while stooping over the snuffbox at Anna Pavlovna's, an unacknowledged sense of the guilt of that desire paralyzed his will.
- That sort of passion both, for the industry and personally for each other, is what drove the two unacknowledged lovers to the continued development of one of the finest Parisian beauty products around.