Unaccountably sentence example
- The wildest scenes had become unaccountably familiar.
- Two parts must not move in consecutive octaves or fifths, because by so doing they unaccountably reinforce each other by an amount by which they impoverish the rest of the harmony.
- origin; while, lastly, such strikingly characteristic Indo-African birds as hornbills are unaccountably absent.
- After the conclusion of the peace of Nicias (421 B.C.) he marched against the Argives in defence of Epidaurus, and after skilful manoeuvring surrounded the Argive army, and seemed to have victory within his grasp when he unaccountably concluded a four months' truce and withdrew his forces.
- The application, unaccountably long delayed, of this principle to the microscope by H.Advertisement
- Having gained possession of the northern suburb, he attacked the temple mount; but, after five days' fighting, just when (according to Josephus) success was within his grasp, he unaccountably withdrew his forces.
- The decans are ranged on the outermost of its five concentric zones; the planets and the Greek zodiac in duplicate occupy the next three; while the inner circle is unaccountably reserved for the Chinese cyclical animals.
- But the position is suddenly recovered by Alfred in 878, by the battle of Aethandune, as suddenly though not so unaccountably as it was later in West Francia.
- draggled taverns and dreary scrubs, and then was unaccountably born again in blazing high streets and blatant hotels.
- sq.), it is unaccountably missing in stories of greater national moment.Advertisement
- The first of the outstanding gravitational problems with which they grappled was the unaccountably rapid advance of the lunar perigee.