Umpires sentence example
- Wellhausen, in his excellent book Das arabische Reich and sein Stiirz, has made it very probable that the decision of the umpires was that the choice of Ali as caliph should be cancelled, and that the task of nominating a successor to Othman should be referred to the council of notable men (shura), as representing the whole community.
- In the manufacturing towns of France, there are also boards of umpires (Conseils de Prud'hommes) to deal with trade disputes between masters and workmen belonging to certain specified trades.
- Rashid, renounced him altogether, because he had not submitted to the decision of the umpires, and persuaded many others to refuse the payment of the poor-rate.
- The umpires referred the decision to the third umpire.
- At each of the great festivals, which to please him were for once crowded into a single year, he entered in regular form for the various competitions, scrupulously conformed to the tradition and rules of the arena, and awaited in nervous suspense the verdict of the umpires.Advertisement
- Where the League does not provide neutral umpires, each club shall provide its own umpire.
- Most of these young umpires are Foundation Award or Level 1 qualified.
- Also cricket umpires should be allowed to wear them to assist with their LBW decisions.
- Umpires Managers operate at all levels of the game from county events through to internationals.
- This is solely the umpires decision, an appeal is not necessary.Advertisement
- Umpires can also have their numbers put on their sleeves by the manufacturer in tabletwill weave.
- All-Star and Honigs also produce chest protectors and shin guards, but these are generally limited to the umpires behind home plate.
- Umpires have been hit by pitches and even backswings with bats, and the right protective equipment is essential.
- Indicators: These portable counters help the umpires keep track of strikes, balls, and outs for each inning.
- The Polish gentry were still the umpires as well as the stake-holders; the best candidates generally won the day; and the defeated competitors were driven out of the country by force of arms if they did not take their discomfiture, after a fair fight, like sportsmen.Advertisement