Umbrella term sentence example
- IBD is an umbrella term doctors use for Crohn's disease and another illness called ulcerative colitis.
- Technically, couples can't dissolve a marriage under the common law umbrella term.
- "Anxiety disorder" is an umbrella term for many different stress-related conditions.
- Remember, too, that "jacket" is quite an umbrella term in the fashion world.
- Dementia is an umbrella term that includes the different types of dementia.Advertisement
- Adjustment disorder is an umbrella term for several mental states characterized by noticeable behavioral and/or emotional symptoms.
- Any other agency falling under the umbrella term of the "federal government," including those organizations supervised, insured, and regulated by the government, are qualified to be lenders.
- Similarly, in medical language, gluten has come to be used as an umbrella term for cereal grains that cause a reaction for individuals with celiac disease or milder sensitivities, but this is a misnomer.
- Additional disorders that fall under the autism umbrella term are Rett syndrome, Asperger syndrome, and pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS) or atypical autism.