Umbones sentence example
- Solenopsidae.-Shell equivalve, greatly elongated, umbones very far forward.
- The young Brachiopod in all its species is protected by an embryonic shell called the " protegulum," which sometimes persists in the umbones of the adult shells but is more usually worn off.
- Hinge pliodont, that is to say, it has numerous teeth on either side of the umbones and the teeth are perpendicular to the edge.
- Philobryidae.-Shell thin, very inequilateral, anterior part atrophied, umbones projecting.
- Trigonia; shell sub-triangular, umbones directed backwards.Advertisement
- Prasinidae.-Shell inequilateral, with anterior umbones and prominent anterior auricula; cardinal border arched..
- Isocardiidae.-Mantle largely closed, pedal orifice small; gill-plates of equal size; shell globular, with prominent and coiled umbones.
- Chamidae.-Shell with sub-equal valves and prominent umbones more or less spirally coiled; ligament external.