Ulnar sentence example
- Above this knob is often present an ectepicondylar process whence arise the tendons of the ulnar and radial flexors.
- u, Ulnar.
- r', u', Radial and ulnar carpal bones; with the three digits I., II., III.
- The wing of the bird is folded in a unique way, namely, the radius parallel with the humerus, and the whole wrist and hand with their ulnar side against the ulna; upper and forearm in a state of supination, the hand in that of strong abduction.
- The flexor digitorum sublimis muscle arises fleshy from the long elastic band which extends from the inner humeral condyle along the ventral surface of the ulna to the ulnar carpal bone, over which the tendon runs to insert itself on the radial anterior side of the first phalanx of the second digit.Advertisement
- (3) A line starting above the head of the second metacarpal bone and crossing the hand to the middle of its ulnar border is the line of the head.
- (4) The transverse line below this which passes from the ulnar border a little above the level of the head of the fifth metacarpal and ends somewhere about the root of the index finger is the line of the heart.
- (6) The oblique line which begins at the wrist end of the line of life and descends towards the ulnar end of the line of the head is the line of the liver.
- Similarly the hypothenar muscles for the little finger underlie the three ulnar marginal mountains, the sizes of which depend on their development and on the prominence of the pisiform bone.
- carpusedle tip in flexor carpi ulnaris does not help an ulnar nerve block.Advertisement
- flexor carpi ulnaris does not help an ulnar nerve block.
- Anatomy The ulnar nerve travels with the ulnar artery in the tunnel of Guyon, covered by the transverse carpal ligament.
- Median neuritis at the elbow is much less common than ulnar neuritis.
- A line is drawn from the bicipital tuberosity to the most ulnar aspect of the radius at the wrist.
- The second row consists of a broad and flat magnum, supporting the great third metacarpal, having to its radial side the trapezoid, and to its ulnar side the unciform, which are both small, and articulate inferiorally with the rudimentary second and fourth metacarpals.Advertisement
- The ulnar nerve innervates the other half of the ring finger, the little finger, and the remainder of the hand.