Ugliness sentence example
- He was remarkable for ugliness, and was an object of aversion to his parents.
- Its ugliness was emphasized by the old felt hat which he wore, - its sole ornament the leaden figure of a saint.
- In this he is described as a monster of ugliness and deformity, as he is also represented in a well-known marble figure in the Villa Albani at Rome.
- His extreme ugliness in later life is attributed to an attack of typhus, from which he suffered in 1771.
- He at once began love-making, and in spite of his ugliness succeeded in winning the heart of the lady to whom his colonel was attached; this led to such scandal that his father obtained a lettre de cachet, and the young scapegrace was imprisoned in the isle of Re.Advertisement
- In February 1792 an allusion in debate by Toler (afterwards earl of Norbury), the attorney-general, to Tandy's personal ugliness, provoked him into sending a challenge; this was treated by the House of Commons as a breach of privilege, and a Speaker's warrant was issued for his arrest, which however he managed to elude till its validity expired on the prorogation of parliament.
- Giovanni the Lame (Sciancato), a man of a daring impetuosity only equalled by his ugliness, had proved so useful a general to Giovanni da Polenta of Ravenna as to win in reward the hand of that potentate's beautiful daughter, known to history as Francesca da Rimini.
- Much the same as support hose for fibromyalgia or socks that encourage circulation to prevent deep vein thrombosis, this sort of lingerie, whether for men or women, is welcome despite its strangeness, intrusiveness or downright ugliness.
- They waged war against him as relentlessly as did the Constitutionalists against Mirabeau, whom he resembled in his extreme ugliness and his volcanic eloquence.
- That way, you don't have the ugliness of cord clutter on your countertops.Advertisement
- Since any inner ugliness is sure to shine through no matter how perfect your hair and make up are, it makes sense to start thinking about what makes a beautiful cheerleader.
- We accumulate the perfections and see ever more clearly the ugliness of akusala.
- Derek Mahon has provided a new translation of almost unremitting ugliness.
- Later, the motive of the Toba pictures, as such caricatures were called, tended to degenerate, and the elegant figures of Kakuyu were replaced by scrawls that often substituted indecency and ugliness for art and wit.
- Those of us who were the hidden persuaders are now the revealed in all our manipulative ugliness.Advertisement
- These adorable characters offer a new perspective on ugliness and beauty, and they have a heartwarming story behind them.