Uaw sentence example
- In 1935, the National Labor Relations Act brought unions to the automotive industry, and the UAW was formed.
- After 1945, however, American people purchased over 21 million vehicles, and the UAW found a new leader in Walter Reuther.
- The United Auto Workers (UAW) union has been a strong force since the early 1940s.
- Other groups were appointed to handle manufacturer warranties, vendor and part supplier issues, and negotiations with the United Auto Workers Union or UAW.
- However, the automaker did increase funding to the UAW Voluntary Employees Beneficiary Association or VEBA.Advertisement
- While plant closures remain a part of the future, new deals have been struck with the UAW, taking benefits and wages to the lowest point in recent history in order to be competitive with non-US labor markets.