U-boats sentence example
- Both were torpedoed by German U-boats off the west coast of neutral Ireland.
- torpedoed by German U-boats off the west coast of neutral Ireland.
- Tirpitz advances two contentions; first, that he would have sent the navy into decisive action at an earlier stage of the war; secondly, that he would have made an earlier and more ruthless use of the German U-boats; but his opponents traverse both these claims, and in particular assert that as Secretary of State he had neglected the construction of submarines, so that Germany entered the war with a comparatively small supply of these vessels.
- More than 28,000 german submariners were killed and 781 U-boats destroyed.
- More than 28,000 German submariners were killed and 781 U-boats destroyed.Advertisement