Tyramine sentence example
- Foods that contain tyramine, such as aged cheeses.
- Tyramine is a compound similar to the amino acid tyrosine.
- Where a reaction between Nardil and certain foodstuffs occurs the intensity of the reaction is usually related to the tyramine content of the food.
- Patients taking MAOIs must cut foods high in tyramine (found in aged cheeses and meats) out of their diet to avoid hypotensive side effects.
- A rapid, potentially fatal increase in blood pressure can occur if foods or alcoholic beverages containing tyramine are ingested by a person already taking MAO inhibitors.Advertisement