Two-faced sentence example
- The two-faced cat may have three or four eyes, one or two esophagus's leading to the stomach and in at least one suspected case, two brains.
- Thus, the simple reflection that the door is used for the double purpose of entrance and exit leads to the notion of the Janus of the state as bifrons (" two-faced"): the thought of the door as the first part of the house to which one comes, produces the more abstract idea of Janus as the "god of beginning," in which character he has special charge of the first beginnings of human life (Consevius), the first hour of the day, the Calends of the month and the first month of the year in the later calendar: for the same reason his name takes the first place in the indigitamenta.
- In pictorial art Agni is always represented as red, two-faced, suggesting his destructive and beneficent qualities, and with three legs and seven arms.
- Two-Faced Woman (1941 ), in which a newly happy Garbo does the rumba and goes swimming, was a disaster.
- January: the two-faced god Janus, Burne-Jones (see another version at the William Morris Gallery).Advertisement
- In the Weekly Worker of January 29, Marcus wrote: This is the two-faced nature of opportunism.
- Tony Augarde gets to grips with some genuinely two-faced characters from the dictionary Last month this column discussed some of the failings of dictionaries.
- That the Japanese continue their sickening trade under the excuse it 's all scientific research is just two-faced lies.
- While many media outlets may declare the two-faced cat to be a form of conjoined twin, this is likely not the case in most circumstances.
- If the kitten is unable to nurse, is rejected by its mother or if a caregiver is unable to find a way to feed the kitten, the two-faced cat may not survive.Advertisement
- Reports of adult two-faced cats do state that these animals go on to live happy, healthy and affection-filled lives.
- The situation is hardly helped when it is discovered that Company Representative Burke (played with two-faced sympathy by Paul Reiser) is actually trying to secure an alien to take back with him for the Company's research department.
- That the Japanese continue their sickening trade under the excuse it's all scientific research is just two-faced lies.
- If anyone else is not two-faced, then they are not the ppl I had in mind.
- Two-Faced Woman (1941), in which a newly happy Garbo does the rumba and goes swimming, was a disaster.Advertisement