Tvp sentence example
- Textured vegetable protein (TVP) is a dehydrated soy product used as a meat substitute in vegetarian and vegan dishes.
- Fortified plant products, such as soy-based milk, and meat alternatives like texturized vegetable protein (TVP).
- Textured Vegetable Protein - Textured vegetable protein, or TVP, can be purchased at most grocery or health food stores.
- Award-Winning Veggie Burgers - There are lots of different recipes here, using everything from ground nuts to tofu to TVP.
- For curry recipes, you may opt for a flavored TVP, such as "beef" or "chicken."Advertisement
- Like tofu, TVP takes on the flavors of other foods with which it is cooked, making it an ideal option for curry dishes.
- It takes one cup of liquid for one cup of TVP.
- When using TVP as a meat substitute, one cup of dry TVP equals about one pound of meat when reconstituted.
- Use this approximation when deciding how much TVP to include in your curry recipe.
- It is best to reconstitute TVP before adding it to the recipe.Advertisement
- Once you have experience with more unique flavors in cooking with TVP, you'll know which type of curry to use to create new recipes for your family's meal plan.