Tutelar sentence example
- As the Dorian tutelar he aids Tyndareus and Aegimius.
- The " Resting " (avalravOyEvos) Hercules is, as at Thermopylae and near Himera, the natural tutelar of hot springs in conjunction with his protectress Athena, who is usually depicted attending him on ancient vases.
- Just as the inhabitants of each town honoured their tutelar deity by solemn processions to his temple, so, at the period of the Olympic games, the temple of Zeus at Olympia formed the goal of multitudes from every Hellenic country.
- JUVENTAS (Latin for "youth": later Juventus), in Roman mythology, the tutelar goddess of young men.
- Cybele, worshipped under the name of Meter Sipylene, from Mt Sipylus, which bounds the Smyrna valley on the N., was the tutelar goddess of the city.Advertisement
- of the city of Agade of Sargon I., which remained for a long period the leading city of Babylonia.3 It is quite probable that the non-Semitic name Agade may mean "crown (aga) of fire (de)" 4 in allusion to Istar, "the brilliant goddess," the tutelar deity of the morning and evening star and the goddess of war and love, whose cult was observed in very early times in Agade.