Turves sentence example
- You may be able to cut additional turves from a nearby field.
- In 1377 he complained of trespassers digging turves at Deepdale, near Scarborough.
- Start laying the turves, preferably along a straight edge, butting closely end to end.
- Although the time to sow a new lawn has long passed you can still use turves.
- The wall, as opposed to the stone structure of Hadrian's, was a rampart made from stacked turves.Advertisement
- replace the grass turves and tread back into place.
- turves cut from other areas of the garden.
- In Scotland, walls can be found which are made using grass turves and peat turves.
- Put the grass turves back around the pond, going right up to the edge.
- This process can be hastened by additions of mown heather seed capsules, application of topsoil or by laying heathland turves.Advertisement
- Repair lawn edges or patches with turves cut from other areas of the garden.