Turn-round sentence example
- A somewhat stronger field will deflect many of the needles beyond the limits of stability, causing them to turn round and form new stable combinations, in which the direction assumed by most of them approximates to that of the field.
- c. 89, he writes, - "Mariners at sea, when; through cloudy weather in the day which hides the sun, or through the darkness of the night, they lose the knowledge of the quarter of the world to which they are sailing, touch a needle with the magnet, which will turn round till, on its motion ceasing, its point will be directed towards the north" (W.
- One of the characteristics of Greek philosophers is their growing tendency, in investigating any subject, to turn round and ask themselves what should be the method of investigation.
- These residual forces tend to make the whole earth turn round the centre C in a clockwise direction.
- It's particularly bad when you turn round and see fathers with small children shouting abuse.Advertisement
- BWB had sold land around the last winding hole making it impossible for full sized narrow boats to turn round.
- If the bamboo begins to turn round in the hands of the relative who is deputed to hold it, it is regarded as a sign that the soul of the moribund has returned (see Automatism).
- I tried to hurry Helen out-of-doors, but she kept her arm extended, and every coat-tail she touched must needs turn round and give an account of the children he left at home, and receive kisses according to their number.
- Besides, you wouldn't have room to turn round there.
- She set herself a task on her stocking and resolved not to turn round till it was finished.Advertisement
- But there was another tunnel, even longer, with restricted usage times, so we decided to turn round and head south.