Tumble-down sentence example
- It seems certain that Eden Valley, which now lies between them, is a vast "tumble-down" of an immense cavern that formerly united them into one.
- In the first instance the Bureau was located in a tumble-down building in Whitehall, backing on to the Admiralty.
- Here the tributary streams tumble down the sides of the lake valleys, whose bottoms have been deepened by glacial erosion, leaving the tributary valleys hanging.
- The picturesqueness of the chimney stacks and tumble-down walls of the burned-out quarters of the town, stretching out and concealing one another, reminded him of the Rhine and the Colosseum.
- Tears tumble down my cheeks, My smile gone.Advertisement
- West of the square, the Moorish alleys tumble down the hill toward the city walls.
- The incident was captured on an audience member's cell phone, showing the tumble down a flight of stairs and the subsequent alarm of the crowd.
- On July 24, 2007, during a concert in Orlando, Florida, the singer took a tumble down a flight of stairs.