Tropic-of-capricorn sentence example
- From Cape York almost to the tropic of Capricorn the rainfall exceeds 50 in.
- He started in March 1860, passing Lake Torrens and Lake Eyre, beyond which he found a pleasant, fertile country till he crossed the Macdonnell range of mountains, just under the line of the tropic of Capricorn.
- Brazil lies almost wholly within the torrid zone, less than one-twelfth of its area lying south of the tropic of Capricorn.
- South of the Tropic of Capricorn the isohalines run nearly east and west, salinity diminishing quickly to the Southern Ocean.
- The following table shows the area of the rainfall zones in square miles: - The tropic of Capricorn divides Australia into two parts.Advertisement
- It may be said that exploration on a large scale is now at an end; there remain only the spaces, nowhere very extensive, between the tracks of the old explorers yet to be examined, and these are chiefly in the Northern Territory and in Western Australia north of the tropic of Capricorn.