Transposon sentence example
- The transposon used contains splice acceptors in both orientations to disrupt the expression of genes in which it lands.
- The transgenic bollworms are genetically modified using the piggyBac transposon.
- For example, the chapters on transposon insertion, microscopy, gene disruption and analysis of Streptomyces DNA are all new.
- The mutants were generated by random transposon mutagenesis with the Tn pho A transposon.
- However, the inserted transposon efficiently creates mutations in genes such as recessive oncogenes associated with cancer.Advertisement
- The DNA was blotted onto a nylon membrane and the probe to the transposon was allowed to hybridize to those fragments containing the transposon.
- The bollworm was modified using the piggyBac transposon that inserts at the sequence, TTAA in the chromosome (see above ).
- The virus can also act as a vector for rapid spread of the modified transposon to a variety of insects.
- The bollworm was modified using the piggyBac transposon that inserts at the sequence, TTAA in the chromosome (see above).
- The function of genes located by transposon mutagenesis and sequencing was tested after sub-cloning of open reading frames into broad host range shuttle vectors.Advertisement
- The growth of these transposon mutants in vitro and in vivo is being tested.
- For the direct, high-throughput investigation of bacterial and oomycete genomes we have developed a transposon grid approach.